So it looks like the school holidays, here in Australia, have distracted my #PatternPuzzlers with other duties. So we will be leaving last Saturdays puzzle up for a while to see if it gets any bites. In the meantime this weeks post will be the follow-up to the CarmencitaB Dress.
The original idea from CarmencitaB was to work out how to cut the pattern for the shirt dress sketched below, as an homage to an original design from Valentino. This wrapped shirt-dress features:
- A two-piece shirt collar.
- A separate front strap for buttoning.
- Wrap drape at CF waist with sash ties.
- Soft pleats around waistline of full skirt.
- Double Back yoke and CB action pleat.
- Shirt sleeve with button cuff and gauntlet placket.
The pattern plan set out below is based on the fitted block and all pattern adaptations are featured in red.