The vintage inspiration for this weeks #PatternPuzzle has come from a pattern I found on the So Vintage Patterns website. Unfortunately, this one has been been sold but they have a mountain of great vintage patterns for all eras. I was attracted by the asymmetrically-set, diagonal seams with gathered drape. But not so much the button decoration. By adding the extra seams, I believe I have made it easier to construct, as they eliminate the corner seams. I have also reworked the back view from the original design to carry the front, diagonal seams through to the back dress.
For all the pattern making detail for the Vintage Update jump across to the website blog.