23 April 2016

Pattern Puzzle - Issey Miyake Single Twist

Does anyone remember this little pattern puzzle from last year? It's been a long time waiting in the wings for posting. An innovation on an existing theme, this single twist is ingenious in that a cowl is built as part of the twist pattern. The final effect being a more subtle twist with a relaxed fit.


If you'd like to learn my method for creating Twist Drape Patterns I have a detailed worksheet for making Jersey Twist Patterns. For just a few dollars you'll get the same training you'd get if you came to the workshop in my studio.

Find all the post detail here.

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool looking, although it seems to use a lot of yardage for one top, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lovenicky, thanks for dropping by. Yes it does leave a lot of waste after cutting. Many of my projects are pattern making focussed and I love to push the envelope there. This often means the pattern shape is large/strange and results is great chunks of fabric left over.

      I have developed many strategies to use this waste: fabric block teeshirts with small pattern pieces to use the waste. I also cut basic colours into binding to use on other projects. And I bundle and label waste so I know if the size will match a new project (sleeve/pocket etc.) :)

      Delete