23 September 2013

PatternPuzzle - Two Twist Jersey

With this design I'm showcasing jersey twists, using two-way stretch (four-way in the US) knit fabric.  The front of the dress features two single twists, with a circular hem panel and an insert fishtail godet in the centre back seam.  If you'd like to learn my method for creating Twist Drape Patterns I have a detailed worksheet for making Jersey Twist Patterns.  For just a few dollars you'll get the same training you'd get if you came to the workshop in my studio.  As they are both single twists it is important that the front is cut double (self-lined), or you use a double knit fabric that is good both sides.  Also essential that the jersey has elastane, that is two-way stretch.

You'll find all the pattern making detail on the website blog.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks Maria. If only someone would arrange a 28 hour day I might get to test some of these styles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great workshop on Sunday. I love the double twist so much I might test it out - meanwhile I try some simpler dart manipulation techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had a great day. There is so much you can do with that dart transfer. Enjoy ;) Looking forward to organising a Sydney meet-up. Maria's keen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting modification of a pattern for jersey. It can make a dress and knit single layer (eg interlock, with the same appearance on both sides) or turning the fabric twice!
    Thank you for this beautiful pattern puzzle and wish you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mioara. Yes I think the knit single layer that is good both sides is ok if it has elastane/lycra/spandex. The two-way stretch aspect of the fabric essential. Are you thinking of trying the pattern? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I want to try this pattern for a dress intended for festive days. When it's ready, I'll send a photo! But first we have to build the base pattern for my size and degree of extensibility of the fabric.
      Can I send a proposal for a future puzzle pattern?

      Delete
  6. Hi Mioara, yes I would love you to send in an idea for a Pattern Puzzle! Would you mind sending directly to me? Don't want anyone seeing it before the puzzle is sent out. My email - enquiries@studiofaro.com. Thanks, I am really looking forward to receiving your puzzle idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am seeing lots of interesting twist tops lately. I think I'll have a go at sewing a twist top already. Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lena. Yes they are fun to make and wear. :)

    ReplyDelete